What to Expect
- You may be able to go home a few hours after your procedure, but occasionally may require an overnight stay.
- You can expect a 2 to 3 week recovery period.
- Avoid heavy lifting (over 10 lbs) and strenuous activity for 6 weeks.
- No sexual intercourse for 6 weeks.
- Steri strips may be removed after 7 days.
- Shower as desired, but no tub bath for 1 week.
Diet and Elimination
- Regular diet.
- Maintain good hydration and avoid constipation.
Call our office if:
- You have difficulty voiding.
- Fever over 102 F.
- Any concerns.
West Coast Urology
Lawrence R. Paletz, MD
Ernest H. Agatstein, MD FACS
Shahrad Aynehchi, MD FACS
Sepehr Nowfar, MD, MPH
Humberto J. Martinez-Suarez, MD
Inglewood (310) 673-3333 Downey (562) 923-0706 Los Alamitos (562) 449-4183