Welcome to West Coast Urology! If you are interested in becoming a new patient, please call our Inglewood, Downey or Los Alamitos office to schedule an appointment.
Once you have scheduled your initial visit, you will receive a new patient packet in the mail. Because our offices fully utilize electronic medical records, you will be asked to arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment time to register. It is important that you fill out your patient history and review of systems with as much detail as possible.
Upon completion of your paperwork, our staff will enter this vital health information into your electronic record. Please bring your insurance card and driver’s license or State issued photo I.D. which will be scanned into our system. We will also collect your copayment at that time. Please bring with you the name, address and telephone number of your pharmacy.
The following is a listing of documentation that is crucial for our urologists to see prior to your office visit:
- Previous lab work including PSA values, urinalysis or urine cultures you have had in the past. If you are referred for elevated PSA, your previous PSAs are crucial in your treatment plan.
- Recent radiology reports such as CT scans, MRI, or kidney ultrasounds. For any x-ray, CT scan or MRI of the abdomen and/or pelvis, please bring a CD of the study to your appointment. Our doctors will review those images at the time of your appointment.
- Any documentation from other doctors you have seen for your problem.
- Current medication listing with correct spelling and dosage information. We ask that you bring the actual bottles to your visit to enable us to document the proper medication and dosage.
- The name, address and telephone of the pharmacy you frequent so that we may electronically submit any medication your doctor may prescribe.
We do our best to stay on time with our clinic schedules. Emergencies, however, can and do occur and your physician may be delayed. We greatly appreciate your understanding in this matter.